Blogging is still a very new thing for me. I started this blog at the beginning of this year with a completely different intention. I will get more into that later, but you guys should know that when I was creating this blog, I had no expectations for it. And yet here I am. Thank you Rachel for nominating me for this Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award. Like I said earlier, this blog is still a new concept to me, so I want to thank all of my followers for sticking around. The inspiration goes both ways for me. While I may inspire others (at least I hope), all of your likes and comments do inspire me. Thank you again to Rachel Ramdhan! The link to her blog is down below:
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog.
- Answer their questions.
- Nominate up 9 other bloggers and ask them 5 new questions.
- Notify the nominees
- List the rules and display the “Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award” logo.
- Provide the link of the award creator of Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award as Rising Star from https://idealinspiration.blog/
Who or what was your inspiration for blogging?
All my life I have always loved storytelling and just talking about life with my friends. Many people tell me that I’m a great writer, so that’s where the inspiration for a blog first started. I used to document my experiences at the memory care I volunteered at. They are still visible on my blog as of now. These updates would be once every week or so. After a while, I began to get bored with the idea, because I knew that there was so much more potential in this platform. So for experimental purposes, I wrote one school-related post and put it up. I remember really liking the writing process, and these types of blog posts really reflected me as a person. So I wrote more, and eventually, I completely “rebranded” as Times Of Trials, a blog where my inspiration comes from my life experiences.
If you could tell your younger self one thing, what would it be?
I would tell my younger self to not be afraid of other people’s opinions of you. When I transferred schools a couple years back, I made it my mission to fit in, because I thought it would make people like me more. That year was miserable, because it felt like I was constantly trying to be “perfect.” Even after I decided that I shouldn’t do that, I had to pay this price of people judging me for the next two years, because your first year at a new school really cements your classmates’ expectations. Although it stopped after 9th grade started, I would want to save myself from those miserable years.
What is your dream vacation spot?
Ever since 2nd grade, I have always wanted to go to Japan. At that age, we had a cultural fair and our grade was assigned to research about the country. After learning about the culture and their traditions, I feel that a vacation there would be perfect for me.
What is the title of your favorite novel, if any?
It’s so hard to pick one for me, but a lot of the novels I read are for schools. So don’t judge my taste, but I do love The Great Gatsby and To Kill A Mockingbird. Sometimes, deeply analyzing a book can be difficult. But if you try reading these for fun, I think that they can be very enjoyable. I definitely want recommendations for more novels, so if any of you have some, leave them in the comments!
What advice would you give to a new blogger?
Don’t be afraid to express yourself through your writing! Especially as a teen blogger, I have felt that sense of formality. Readers can get to know you through your writing style, and most of them don’t want to read an academic essay. This may sound very cliche, but write from your heart!
I follow a lot of bloggers who all write amazing content! Here are a few I would like to nominate:
- Adena Danvers- https://www.confessionsofasassyteenager.com/blog
- Anika Walkes- https://thenarrowroadforteens.wordpress.com/
- Taiya Maddison- http://www.taiyamaddison.com/
- Hannah Louise- https://hannahlouisexox.wordpress.com/
- Katie- https://simplycreativeco.wixsite.com/blog
- Deanna and Lexy- http://literally-living.com/
- Erin- https://kittyjadeblog.com/
- Bielle- https://liveyourlifebv.wordpress.com/
- Elina- http://www.justsoelina.com/
Questions For You
- How would you describe your writing process?
- How did you come up with the name for your blog?
- What are your favorite hobbies (other than blogging)?
- Are you introverted or extroverted?
- What is your favorite book series?
Thanks for reading! Please follow my blog for teen life content! Hope you all are doing well!
Your sincere writer and confidante,