You know those delicious soft sugar cookies you find at Fry’s? Those circular ones with the buttercream frosting and sprinkles? I love them. If there was a birthday at my school, the birthday girl/boy brought those, everyone would just crowd around you and basically try to convince you that they know you well enough to deserve a cookie. In fact, I loved those cookies so much that for Christmas, I made those cookies at home instead of the traditional snappy ones. Instagram asked for this, so here is the recipe:
Serving Size : 2 dozen cookies
You will need:
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour (gluten-free sub: Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Baking Flour)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp of baking soda
- 3/4 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Combine butter, eggs, vanilla, and sour cream. Mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Make sure to sift all of them.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients. I recommend combining in 3 pours. Pour 1/3 dry mixture then min. Pour another 1/3 and mix. Once the mixture starts coming together as a dough, start using your hands to knead it. Don’t worry if the dough seems small in quantity… The cookies rise in the oven A LOT!!!
- Chill the dough for just 20 minutes
- Using an ice cream scooper, take balls of cookie dough and flatten in your hand. the cookie should be about quarter to half a centimeter thick. Another way you could do this is to roll out all the dough and use cookie cutters to cut out your cookies.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper
- Bake for about 10 minutes. Keep a close eye on them. Bake until a toothpick/fork inserted in the cookie comes out clean.
- Take out of the oven and let them cool completely.
I hope you enjoy these recipes. Let me know if you tried the recipe and how it turned out! Send me pics, I would love to see them! If you want to read more about teen life, then please follow my blog! Look out for my next blog post. As always, have a great day!